Programs - Student Scholarships
Junior Achievement of Middle America, Inc. recognizes and encourages the academic achievements of students participating in JA programs. JA will provide one $1,000 scholarship for a high school senior who has participated in the JA program and will continue their education in fall 2013.
The scholarship award check will be given directly to the student. The award is to be used for education expenses at any accredited post-secondary educational institution for any field of study.
The JA office and the Scholarship Committee manage the Program. Awards are made without regard to race, color, creed, sex, religion, disability or national origin.
Click here to download the scholarship application.
In order to be eligible to receive the 2013 JA Scholarship, the student must meet the following requirements:
• Must be a high school senior in the KC Metropolitan area, with JA experience, who will graduate before June 30, 2013 or a college student who is / has been a JA elementary program volunteer.
• Must be qualified, upon graduation, to enroll at an accredited college or university.
• Must ensure that an application, accompanied by the required supporting documents be postmarked by April 29, 2013.
Click here to download a copy of the complete guidelines for this scholarship.
Each student wishing to apply for the 2013 JA scholarship will need to provide the following items:
• Proof that they meet all eligibility requirements.
• One letter of recommendation supporting academic achievement, leadership skills, and college potential from someone other than the individuals completing the Rating Sheets.
• A one-page, typed, 300 words or less personal essay answering the question: How has the Junior Achievement experience impacted my future decisions concerning education, career, and personal life? Why?
• Complete and signed application. JA Scholarship Application (A parent or legal guardian must co-sign for minors).
• An official copy of your most recent school transcript.
• A recent photograph used for internal identification during Scholarship Committee process that will follow interviews.
• The scholarship recipient must be available to read their essay at the JA Annual Breakfast Meeting on Wednesday, June 19, 2013.
Please mail the completed application packet to:
Junior Achievement of Middle America, Inc.
4049 Pennsylvania Ave., Suite 150
Kansas City, MO 64111-3006
Please direct all questions to email@example.com.